1.28.2010

Friday Fav a little early...

Tomorrow I will be busy all day attending continuing education classes,so I thought I would go ahead and post my favorites, or this week, favorite. My sister gets credit sending me this, and I am so glad she did...YUM. We have been busy at work this week (YAY!) and I have been more tired at night. This little treat perked me right up last night. ALOT of sugar and chocolate will do that to you...so here is the recipe for a delicious chocolate cake (I think because it is so easy to make, it made me like it even more!)




You will need:
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of veg. oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon (I did 2 bc James and I both love this flavor)
1 tsp soda
For the Icing:
1 stick butter
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup of milk (I used skim, worked fine)
12 oz. of sifted confectioners sugar (be sure to sift, or your icing will be lumpy)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of nuts

Sift together the flour and the sugar. In medium saucepan, bring to boil, butter, water, veg. oil, and cocoa. Pout of flour and sugar and mix well. Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, cinnamon, and soda and mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 9X13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool before Icing
For Icing: Bring to a boil the butter, milk, and cocoa. Remove from heat and add sugar, vanilla, and nuts.
Get a HUGE glass of cold milk, and ENJOY!

No comments: