5.31.2012

Blackberry

James and I spent Memorial day in this slice of heaven on earth....
Blackberry Farm in Walland Tennessee
We did a lot of relaxing...took a farmstead tour to hear about how they run the farm aspect, hiked and walked around the beautiful property, played tennis, fly fished (James), enjoyed some spa time, and ATE and ATE. BF is known for its food and I know why. Everything is gourmet! Breakfast was every fresh fruit you could imagine, fresh pastries that changed daily, eggs every way you could imagine (my favorite was poached on top of a tomato with bacon vinaigrette). Lunch was at least three courses, starting with a soup or salad and then whatever innovative sandwich caught your fancy (my favorite was roasted chicken with egg and pickled radishes and herb aioli)...followed by dessert, an assortment of fresh baked cookies or a trifle of chocolate and fruit. Dinner was an event...five courses...and afforded us not only nutritional nourishment but entertainment and good conversation. So much for maintaining a good baby weight gain!! It was totally worth it! I didn't take many pictures as I just enjoyed....

The garden shed...maybe if we  James got serious about gardening we could have something this cute
One of the BF truffle dogs (breed Italian Lagotto Romagnolo) They are pretty amazing...trained to hunt ripe truffles from under different trees. I really thought I needed one until James reminded me we are having another child soon.


This pretty much sums it up...AHHHH

Happy Anniversary!

in front of the barn where we had dinner each evening...

Such a great getaway...thanks Jim and Shelia for keeping Lane boy! 






5 comments:

Steven said...

Old Tom Turkey says: I am at a loss for words with this post. I did see the words "hike" "barn" and "farm" which peeked my interest but BF definitely is no farm I would be fit for. Blessings from the russells and I'll see you for turkey dinner.

Natalie said...

I wanna go! Happy anniversary :)

Kristen said...

The pictures are great and it looks like y'all had a wonderful and relaxing time!

Angie said...

Beautiful place! I need to be there now ;) Missed you this week!!

Olivia said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I'm dying to go to Blackberry Farm - your pictures were beautiful!