5.16.2012

Bible Study

I have been very blessed this year to be apart of a wonderful Bible Study led by Olivia Jones. She is a spiritual giant and has so much Godly wisdom. When I left Birmingham, one of the the things I knew I would miss the most was the Bible study led by my sweet friend, Kate, and the great group of girls that I fellowshipped with weekly. Well of course, God provided here as well. This past year we have studied everything from the Holy Spirit and Spiritual Warfare to how to be a Godly wife. One of the biggest things God has shown me is that I am called to submit to my husband as he is my spiritual covering. This means even when I think I know better for our family, be it in plans, finances, or parenting, I am to obey my husband and not manipulate (yes shocking, I said manipulate) to get what I think is best. I have heard this teaching many times, but not so much in black and white. If you are being obedient to your husband you are being obedient to GOD.
See Ephesians 5:22-24
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.


Tough to do sometimes, huh?? (like when I think window treatments are a need and he thinks they are a want, haha!!) But I believe your marriage and family will be much more fruitful. I have already seen this first hand. 
Last night we had our Bible Study  end of the year party at Bradford's...
Ann, Bradford, Jana, an Tara

Olivia and me

delicious food, I love get togethers where everyone brings an app or dessert...I love to try others creations and get ideas

Amelia, Bradford, and Sarah

Bellyshots: 31 weeks and 15 weeks ( I made Kristen poke out more to see her bump!)

There are a few people I missed getting their picture, but I am thankful for each of you and our times together!







No comments: