3.20.2012

Random Roundup

This little boy had his first pizza experience last week:
To say he loved it would be an understatement. He is a bread and marinara sauce addict. I am not surprised, so are his parents. 

It was everywhere by the end. We are entering a new phase of eating, independent eating. It is a struggle most of the time. I am have to die to fact that the counter/floor/child will end up a wreck by the end. He wants to hold the utensils, put them in the containers and then feed himself. If it is a cut up solid type meal, half usually ends up on the floor. At the same time, it is fun to watch his dexterity develop. 

Foster's mom and I went for a walk, and then the boys played. They were hysterical. 

I think that is a good spot too Foster

learning to share

Foster going in for a hug

buddies

I am 22 weeks and feeling great, I have so much more energy than I did with Lane. I think partially because I am working out more consistently, and also because I believe the Lord supplies you with supernatural energy when you have a toddler. 

Yesterday, I picked up the rockers James gave me for Christmas for the porch. I also added a few pillows for a pop of color and a new table. I can't wait to enjoy late afternoon lemonade time here. 
I think with a few ferns it will be complete.
please drop by anytime


We have two upcoming mini trips I am looking forward to:

Masters


Blackberry Farm

The Masters is a present to my father for all of his support during my 20+ years of education. I told him to pick anywhere in the world, and I would take him. (thinking he would go for Scotland, Ireland, etc.) His first choice, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Ok, well almost anywhere in the world I said, because we were not going to Gettysburg again. We had been on a family trip there when I was in middle school, and let's just say I spend most of the time napping and going to the ice cream shop. On his bucket list was the Masters so we are going!! 
We are headed to Blackberry Farm in May for a babymoon/anniversary trip. I am thinking the mountain coolness will be a nice break from the HOT weather around here. The food and activities are suppose to be top-notch, so we are really looking forward to it. 
If anyone has any tips on either, please shoot them my way!





5 comments:

Leighton said...

BBF is the BEST!!! May will be perfect there. Book a spa appointment. Fish. Tour the gardens. ENJOY!

Caroline Bobo said...

Mama and Daddy loved Blackberry Farms :) You have to take your own wine so that will be easy for ya'll! Really beautiful place!! Love your chairs and swing! You will love sitting on them and winding down from your day. I miss Mama's porch all the time

Blair said...

So glad you are feeling good! Enjoy your trips!

Kristen said...

The pictures of the boys made me laugh out loud! They are so fun. I also love the pillows on your porch- they look so cute! We are both going to be porch dwellers- ha!

Angie said...

Pizza is yummy--smart little boy! Alice loves pizza and loves ALL topings (black olives her fav)Love the porch pillows--Looking for some for my turquoise bench :) Happy Weekend--nice to see your face this week!