1.09.2012

11 months and 11 weeks

Thank you all of the sweet and encouraging words about baby Deuce (as we are calling him/her for now). We are beyond thrilled and thankful.

Lane boy is 11 months old and I am 11 (almost twelve) weeks pregnant. First off Lane...
Personality!! This month has brought the most obvious growth in his personality...likes/dislikes/opinions/expressions, etc.  It is funny seeing James's traits and my traits come out in him. He has James's engineering mind. He loves trying to figure things out. A few examples: he played with the safety locks on different cabinets until he figure out how to get it them off. He knows that cars, golf carts etc have horns. When Pie and Pal take him riding on the hunting buggy that doesn't have a horn, he pushes where the horn should be. When it does not "beep" he looks underneath as to say, "why isn't this working?". He loves all toys with buttons/levers so he can watch the cause and effect relationship.
He has a lot of me too..he is a morning person. He wakes up smiling and talking non-stop. He is very animated and "flaps" his arms when he is excited. I used to do this as a child (honestly still do sometimes!).  He also loves books!!

Favorites: riding or "driving" the mule or golf cart in the country, playing with Amos,  playing with all of his toys from Christmas, especially the car that Grandmomma and Granddaddy gave him

Dislikes: He has gotten very opinionated- he will strong arm you when he does not want you to give him kisses or when he is finished eating. He also has a new face that he squints his eyes, throws back his head and shrieks when he is unhappy about the situation. It is hard not to laugh.  Things that he does that to-green beans, when you go outside with out him, getting dressed or changing his diaper

Talking: he is VERY verbal, though I don't understand most of it. He def still says da-da and now dog. He sees Amos and it is nothing but dog, dog dog!! He also says something that sounds like who dat? I can't figure out what he means? He says it over and over and I think must be something like What's that? In the video below is the closest he has come to ma ma. It also shows his new squinty face.

He is close to walking. Pull ups on everything, standing up by himself for a few seconds then plops down, but crawls so fast and gets around efficiently so I don't know that he has the need.

For my records: this pregnancy so far has been very similar: I feel pretty good, was tired from weeks 6-8, slightly nauseated (this time more so at night), and still HATE taking the vitamins. I am trying to take them right before bed, and that makes it tolerable. I think this go round, with work and Lane, I don't have time dwell on things as much. I have been slightly more anxious, I think mainly because since having Lane, I realize exactly how much of a MIRACLE he is and what all could go wrong. I am ready for our 12 week appointment Friday to hear that sweet heartbeat again.
Will we find out the sex? YES!! I wish I could not, but it would drive me crazy. For planning purposes it will be good as Baby Deuce and Lane will share a room so we will need to know how to organize closets, etc.
Craving: eggs, AGAIN so weird. I am limiting my egg Mcmuffins from McDonalds this go round!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

These pictures are great! Lane is so cute AND smart-- taking the safety locks off:) I can't wait to hear what y'all are having! Next time around we are definitely going to find out the sex. How did I have so much restraint at first?? It was a fun surprise though...
I'm glad you are feeling good. Hope I see you soon!

Caroline Bobo said...

Cannot believe Lane is almost 1! Amazing how a year flies by! Loving his new curls :)

Go and Tell said...

Precious pictures! Congrats on your pregnancy and thank you for the book recommendations you gave me! looking for both of those books to start on soon! :)