9.15.2010

Dove Hunt

This past weekend we headed to Seabed (family farm in Marion Jct) for the annual dove hunt. I love dove hunting, mainly for the social aspects of it. You get to eat several delicious southern meals, hang out with friends, watch football, enjoy being outside, shoot things (or in my case shoot at things), and both you and your spouse are content. My birthday usually falls around opening day every year, so the big joke is that the dove hunt is my birthday party. I am actually quite ok with that.

We surprised James with a early birthday present, a Beretta 12 gauge.
Can you say HAPPY?!

The two direction readers in the fam figuring things out
Sam riding, such a big boy
Kristi and Sawyer, hanging out
The Turners riding, Nick showing such skill

Hardy leading Penny
James and Kyle
The McCurdy men
Amos and Buddy ready for the hunt
The Osborns
Sawyer's first ride

Mom working Amos on his first hunt

Fair and Bailey joined us later for the party at the Roost

enjoying some porch swinging

This cracks me up, Sam and Sawyer were such buds


enjoying some birthday cheescake with sis

this also cracks me up bc Penny is wearing an old ADP formal shirt of Nick's and I am giving her a hard time, ADPi really? (long story short-we were both AGDs and ADPis were one of our big rivals, especially in flag football, my intramural passion, and you would think that at the age of 27 I would be over it, but you would be wrong) I might have a competitive spirit that needs some praying over!

much better!

All in all great weekend, great birthday. I am a very blessed lady! (Thanks to mom and dad that put it all together!)

1 comment:

Caroline Bobo said...

Such a fun weekend! Really sad I could not be there :( You look great! Happy Thursday