8.18.2016

Reading Review

I love to read, always have. This summer has been a great summer of reading and audibles. Has anyone else discovered the wonderful world of audible? I am a monthly subscriber via amazon, so for a small fee (seven dollars), I have one credit waiting every month for free. This is a big save as most audible books are from (fifteen-twenty) dollars. I have really enjoyed listening to books while running, on road trips (drowning out "how much longer??"), and before bed. I still use my kindle, my phone kindle app, and library checkouts. Some people wonder, "How do you have time to read?" For me, reading is the best way to wind down. I read before bed and on every vacation, especially tropical.

Cabo 2013

Bahamas 2016

Here are some that I have enjoyed this past year, in no particular order:

The Knockoff by Lucy Sykes, Jo Piazza (audible)

Hope Heals: By Katherine and Jay Wolf (audible)

The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger (audible)

The Collapse of Parenting by Leonard Sax

The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth

Costa Rica 2012

Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly

Bronner: A Journey to Understand by Sherri Burgess

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan

These is My Words by Nancy Turner

The Lake House  by Kate Morton

After You by Jojo Moyes

Exumas 2013

For the Love by Jen Hatmaker

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes

Water From My Heart by Charles Martin

A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams

Defending Jacob by William Landry

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah


my absolute favorite place to read and relax is this view of Cotton Bayou


I am currently reading Emily Giffin's newest, First Comes Love and Liane Mortiary's newest Truly Madly Guilty. James and I are also reading Shawn Bolz's Translating God and the Book of Acts.

I get book ideas from random sources--my good friend Julie is a fellow book nerd (a true term of endearment), so we share recommendations back and forth. I also love Shay's book reviews from Mix and Match Mama. Modern Mrs. Darcy's blog is also a great source.
my book loving friend Julie 


If you were to ask me my favorite three of the above list, I would say: Water from my Heart, The Nightingale, and For the Love.

Are you a reader? I would love to hear your favorites!!





1 comment:

The Tidwells said...

Yellow Crocus! I just finished it and love, love, loved it! It's a quick read. Clifton Chronicles - I've finished the first two and really enjoyed them. I second The Nightingale and I'm currently listening to For the Love. -Katelyn